Saturday, January 2, 2010

My First Post

I am so excited. I am new to the world of blogging, at least when it comes to posting my own. I have been reading so many quilters blogs especially as I have been home during the Christmas break. I was so excited to see all the different activities that other quilters were doing and I wanted a blog of my own to record my creative journey.

I will have to learn how to upload my pictures and put backgrounds in and all that kind of neat stuff I see on other blogs. I hope that if you find my blog, you will be patient with me and come back often to see how I grow.

I have a son and husband who are both very technologically savvy, but I really want to do this on my own. Wish me Luck!!

A little bit about me. I have been doing a variety of crafts since I was 12. I first began to sew on my grandmothers very old cast iron sewing machine. I sewed some clothes but I never could figure out how to get them to fit very well. I never took any sewing classes, I am all self-taught. After I got married to my wonderful husband of 30+ years in 1979, I purchased a New Home sewing machine for $99 and began to sew small quilts. I took some hand quilting classes and then I was off. After having my two sons, I found little time to quilt or sew or do much else but be a mom and continue to work in my "paid" profession of teaching. Now that both of my boys are adults and gone from the nest, I have found my love again. I sew on a Bernina Artista 180. I am not sure why I bought such a fancy machine when I did, since I rarely use any of the embroidery part of the machine, but it sews wonderfully so I will keep it!!!!

I long for a longarm quilting machine someday. I would like to be able to have my own business quilting for a living. Perhaps once the college aged son is finished (0ne more year!) and the economy turns around, I will be able to realize my dream.

I am going to post this very first post and see what else I can do to make my blog look more like my own. I'll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment